Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Asia & Aggie do the NYC Half Marathon

Miss Asia and Miss Aggie ran the NYC Half Marathon on Sunday 3.21.11 and it was great to get to be there for them at the finish line. Asia immedialty broke into tears with happiness and I couldn't help show my pride as a friend by hugging her till she sufficated. Watching the girls finish and seeing the race itself was super motivating to get my butt back in gear. I fell off the running wagon for a little while, while I was trying to get myself and my future figured out. The NYC Marathon is in November and I can't stand the idea of all my friends being able to run it and not get to join the fun, so I'm going to try my hardest to see if I can accomplish that with them. EEEk.
Here is the email from Asia, to all her supports after the race. She didn't get into the race via the lootery so instead worked hard to raise money for her charity Autism Speaks. I'm sure they are still accepting donations on her behalf if you'd like to donate.
http://events.autismspeaks.org/nychalf/joannazukowska  

Subject: I Finished!!


I successfully ran the NYC Half Marathon! 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 11 minutes!!!!! It was a very emotional run, I have been waiting for this for a year and a half! Not going to lie... it was a tough start! The first 3 miles where the most painful but after fighting back tears and saying a few prayers I was able to push thru and run the rest pain free! 

Thank you so much for your support! With your contribution I was able to raise $1151.41 for Autism Speaks! Well over my goal of $1000! I could not have done this without your support! 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

What's next? Well the plan is to start training this summer for the real deal: the NYC Marathon... 26.2 glorious miles around the 5 boros of New York City! 

Again! Thank you so much for your donations and support!

xoxo - Asia



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job ladies! And great job on the blog post Ania!