Thursday, September 29, 2011

Garlic Fest!

The Garlic Fest in Saugerties is the 2nd largest in the US and my friend Ryan has been mentioning it for about 6 months now. Luckily Eric has a car here in the city so we piled in and made a day of it.


So fun. It was about an hour and a half drive out of the city, but we found ways to amuse ourselves.

 I was in the car with 4 engineers. I learned a lot about bridges!

Blueberry Airheads are delicious!

We finally got there and had a blast.


I tried:
-raw garlic
-garlic chocolate chip cookies
-garlic friend donut
-garlic ice cream
-garlic knots
-garlic pizza
-garlic chowder
-garlic pickled pickles

(I'm sure there is much more, I just can't remember)







What I ended up buying:
-organic leak
-prickled pears
-tomatillos
-habanero jam
-horseradish jam





No comments: