Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sept 11, 2001 vs 2011

September 11, 2001 was a boring morning for me. I had the day off and expected to just sleep in. My mom called very early in the morning yelling to turn on the TV. So I walked into the living room of the house I was renting with Alexis (yes, my current roommate here in NYC) and flipped it on. I was horrified. I turned it off, barged into Alexis' room and turned on her TV, got under the covers in her bed and the two of us watched in shock for hours.

I greatly believe that every American will always remember what they were doing that day when they found out what was going on. I will be remembering all the people we lost this Sunday outside of my current NYC hometown, but will be watching the events when I get back with my buddy from 10 years ago in her bed just the same way when we get back.

Sitting silent and praying to God for peace. 

No comments: