Monday, November 14, 2011

Foo Fighters at MSG Sunday 11/13

A friend of mine was able to get some AMAZING tickets to the Foo Fighters at Madison Square Garden last night. The Joy Formidable and Social Distortion opened for them. It was an incredible show by everyone but the Foos were exceptional with their 3 hour set!

Did I mention we had ALL ACCESS PASSES and watched from right below the stage? And hung out backstage. And I met Pat Smear. Yes.  

EPIC!


This is my friend Brian's video of the opening song.
Words cannot describe how incredible it was.


Social Distortion played a short but pretty rocking set.


 And than the Foos came on!

This is how close we were. Literally, right there!
And Dave Grohl is pretty much the definition of a rock n roll king.

And I got to meet Ritzy of The Joy Formidable who stood right next to me during the Foo Fighters set. She was super cute and nice. And her accent is adorable; they are from Whales.

Dave did a few songs from a back stage, so you get a pic of just how  HUGE Madison Square Garden really is.




Trying to navigate the maze that is backstage.


VIP's get macaroons. Yeah Baby!

I might frame this guy.

Oh, did I mention Joan Jett did a song with the band during their encore?


AND THAN THIS HAPPEND:
As you should all know, I am a HUGE Mark Hoppus fan and he was there. Backstage. I walked past him numerous time, but never got the nerve to say hello. I am sitting in a pool of my own sour regret today, and I pretty much want to cry. Also, Ke$ha was there.
This should be me.
I stole this pic from Mark's twitter.
  
O well. Live and learn.

No comments: