Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas 2011 in Sunny CA

My intention was to go home for a few days to visit family and friends over the Christmas holiday. I ended up staying for almost 10 days! Wowsers... BUT I did a whole lot of visiting while I was in town, which is exactly what I needed; to let me know I'm really not missing out on much.

Dad and I at lunch at The Oinkster in Eagle Rock.
After wards we took a drive up to the hills in Glendale to see the first house I ever lived in.
A friendly reunion at Congregation Ale House in Pasadena.
Jessica and I and our new bestie pizza rings, with coincidental Christmas color nail polishes.  
Karla and I wanted to take a photo with Santa but the line was crazy long, so instead we took a picture near Santa in out best tacky, holiday gear.
My oldest (meaning I've known her longer than any body else) friend Nikki got married to the love of her life, Eli on December 24th. It was a gorgeous wedding and reception without a dry eye in the house!


Friends since Kindergarten!

The new additions to the family:
William and Kate 

Breakfast with college friends: Ananda and Jessica.
(at the North Pole)
Than lunch with the married couple!
Melissa and Matt!

I spent Tuesday in Downtown LA with Nikki, Eli, Jessica and Bobby bar hopping.
But we started off the day with some yummy BBQ at  Spring Street Smoke House.
Next stop Olvera Street for some churros!

And than we took the subway in LA......
Dublin's
and than
Next stop Casey's pub for Pickle Backs!

Last stop R Bar for trivia night!
This place was super cool, you need a password to get in!

Dad wanted to head out for a drive so Jess and I piled into his car and hit up Lake Arrowhead.
It was a gorgeous day.  
Lunch at Woody's.
And Jessica's first visit to a Sky Lodge.
And I got to hang out with some great old Friar Tux friends!
Felt like 2003 all over again!


It was so nice to be home for a few days. I got to see a majority of my friends and spend lots of quality time with my family. I'm so blessed to have so many people in my life. Thanks to everyone who made time to let me giggle at them and catch up on our hectic lives. Much love to all of you! 

No comments: