Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Coney Island

 
 
I am obsessed with Coney Island. I have been since I moved here. I love that it has the oldest roller coaster, one of the first ferris wheels and the feel of Americana everywhere.
So when I found some girls that wanted to go hang out and enjoy it with me I was all over it!
 

 



 
 
Opened in 1927!
 
 

 

 
The Girls (about to barf...)


Now, I'm not afraid of heights. But it was a windy day and when they got down from the swings, they all look a little shook up! Apparently the wind at that height was terrifying!
 
 
Cutest thing ever!!!!

 

My dad is a huge fan of their work....

The Wonder Wheel!
The Story on Deno:
"Deno often told his wife Luna, that one day he would buy her the Wonder Wheel for her as a wedding present - a ring so big, everyone in the world would see how much he loved her - a ring that would never be lost."
  
 




 







 



If the wheel looks a bit familiar there is a full size replica at Disneyland.  


Freak Show and Bumper Cars with some fun advertising.
 
 
 
Nathan's Famous Fun Fact:
 
 



 

No comments: