Thursday, March 26, 2009

Twilight (movie)


So I am an avid fan of the Twilight Series (the books that is) and just watched the movie based on the book last night. Let me start off by stating I'm not a movie critic (duh!) And my opinion is pretty much worthless except for the fact that I have read 3/4 of the Twilight books and have enjoyed them very much. I'm finishing the last one now. The movie was horrible! I was quite disappointed. The only great part of the movie was Robert Pattinson, who is a hottie, but only 22 so I feel like a pedophile. Otherwise the whole film was just bad. Mainly the books are so detail oriented that unless the film was going to be 4 hrs long they were never going to catch either all the drama and detail or the best part which is the suffocating love between Edward and Bella. This is the most disappointing, the rest are pet peeves. There is a new director on the second book 'new moon' so we can all hope it will be much better! Basically, if you want the movie to make sense, read the book. Trust me on this one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're crazy! I didn't love the movie but I thought Catherine Hardwick did justice to the book. My problem is that I will always love the book more than the movie. My only exception are the Harry Potter books and movies. They have done an amazing job with bringing those stories to life.